I can guess what some of you are thinking! And yes, there is nothing dazzling about a brush for a toilet! But let’s face it, there’s no point for the toilet brush to be embarrassing from the first glance either. It would be humiliating. So, you see the point?
While technology has resulted in self-cleaning toilets, it wouldn’t hurt to clean it regularly anyway. In this article, we are going to cover some of the questions you are asking yourself right now. We bring you the best toilet brushes from a review of 50 brushes out there. We have narrowed down our list to just the 6 best toilet brushes that are ideal for most toilet types including portable, flushing, and heated toilet seats.
So, let’s roll!
Our 6 Best Brushes for Toilet
- Simplehuman Toilet Brush with Caddy, Stainless Steel
- Mr. Clean Turbo Plunger and Bowl Brush Caddy Set
- InterDesign Duetto Toilet Bowl Brush and Holder
- OXO Hideaway Compact Toilet Brush
- Lysol Bowl Brush Rim Extension and Caddy
- Fuller Brush Toilet Swab
Reviews of the Best Brush for Toilet 2022
In this review, we shall look at each of these brush descriptions, features, as well as pros and cons. By the end of this review, you will be able to choose the best one for your toilet.
While most brushes have a typical design, our top-best brush for toilet the Simplehuman toilet brush with caddy comes with a specially-designed crescent shape. This shape design allows the reach of the rough-to-clean spots around your toilet’s rim.
It also comes with rigid outer bristles that are ideal for scouring stubborn stains. Simplehuman toilet brush is made of plastic and stainless steel which means it’s durable and rust-free. When the brush is not in use, it is conveniently stored in the slim, dome-shaped cover discreetly and hygienically.
The brush cover features a secure magnetic collar for ease of carrying without dripping. The product comes with a 5-year warranty, measures 7.3”x3.7”x18.6”, and weighs 1.1 lbs.
- Magnetic collar for securing the brush
- Tapered brush head
- High-grade stainless steel rod
- Crescent-shaped bristle head
- Removable brush head
- Drip-free design
- 5-year warranty
- Effective cleaning
- Comes with storage
- Durable and robust
- Averagely strong bristles
Mr. Clean is a reputable brand when it comes to cleaning, and while its products may come with a high price tag, they are worth it. The Turbo Plunger has compact bristles and the handle is easy to hold. We noted that its bristles bend under stress, but they do not lose their shape, making it easy to clean under the rim, as well as the bottom of the toilet.
The brush comes with a round bowl brush caddy set with a non-slip base, while the turbo plunger consists of a rubber grip handle with a sleek design for highly effective results.
Mr. Clean comes with a plunger but when we compared its storage with that of the Simplehuman toilet brush, its storage holder was heavy and unhygienic. Why? Ten hours after cleaning, the brush was still wet and waterlogged in the holder’s bottom.
Made from plastic material, Mr. Clean Turbo measures 10.9”x7”x17.8” and weighs 7ounces.
- Turbo plunger
- Round bowl brush caddy set
- Storage holder
- Sturdy construction
- Plastic handle
- Reputable brand
- Easy to hold
- Extended rubber plunger
- Non-slip base
- Water tends to clog at the storage base
- Slightly short handle
Our third-best brush for the toilet, InterDesign Duetto Toilet Bowl Brush and Holder, is the real definition of quality. Its bowl and holder are made of plastic and are ideal for both cleaning and maintaining your toilet. The brush comes with a replaceable head.
This toilet brush holder discreetly hides the brush when not in use, something that makes it fit for any bathroom, including kids’ bathrooms. InterDesign Duetto toilet brush and bowl have a terrific design with a white finish enriched with chrome accents to match your home’s décor.
The brush is made from robust plastic, measures 4”x4”x17.2”, and weighs 1.36 lbs.
- Replaceable head
- Compact size
- Sturdy construction
- Includes a bowl and holder
- Discreet brush holder
- Stylish appearance
- Compatible with any bathroom
- Excellent holder design
- Bristle metallic ends may rust
If you are looking for a toilet brush with a durable and robust construction, look no further! Our fourth-best OXO Hideaway compact toilet brush and canister is the ideal addition to your bathroom.
It comes with a unique canister design that automatically opens and closes when you remove the brush or put it back. The canister also comes with sufficient air circulation that prevents the growth of fungus. OXO has the best toilet brush bristles in the market and that is evident from our testing. The brush head features tough bristles and a tapered shape for ease of cleaning.
OXO Hideaway compact toilet brush comes with a canister with an in-built drip tray that catches excess water when you place the brush after cleaning, allowing it to evaporate rapidly. The company does not offer a warranty but has a satisfaction guarantee. You can return the brush for either repair or refund if dissatisfied.
It’s made of durable plastic material, measures 5”x5”x18.5”, and weighs 36 lbs.
- Unique canister design
- Durable & robust construction
- In-drip drip tray
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Anti-slip handle grip
- Replaceable brush heads
- Easy to clean
- Ventilated canister
- Long handle
- High price tag
Our fifth-best brush for toilets, the Lysol Bowl Brush and Caddy (with rim extension), is an ideal solution for convenience. The brush is strategically placed on its caddy that you just need to grab it and start cleaning. This brush comes with a patented bristle extension that effectively cleans under the rim for a sparkly cleaning.
The bristles have an anti-microbial agent that protects them against bacteria that cause odor, mold, and mildew. It also has an anti-slip base that keeps it in position, as well as a caddy for storage after use plus a hanging feature.
The brush is made of sturdy plastic material, measures 6.75”x5.5”x15.5”, and weighs 8 ounces.
- Anti-slip grip
- Patented bristle extension
- Durable bristles
- Brush with hanging hole
- Anti-bacterial bristles
- Angled brush
- Clean fibers
- Fits anywhere
- Prevents build-up
- Small design
If you are looking for a brush that gives you comfort when cleaning your toilet, check out our sixth-best brush for a toilet. The Fuller Brush Toilet Swab keeps your hands out of dirty water and harmful chemicals. This scratch-free toilet brush is ideal for cleaning the bowl of your toilet as well as under the rim.
The toilet brush is a fast, easy, and hygienic way to clean your toilet. The secret of the brush is the sanitary cup: just pour toilet cleaner into the cup, swab the toilet clean, and wring out excess water using the cup. This rinsing prevents mold from building up, and the brush is built to serve you for a long time.
The brush is made of sturdy plastic material, measures 18.25”x2.38”x3.38”, and weighs 3.8 ounces.
- Synthetic yarn
- Dual-purpose plastic sliding cup
- Long handle design
- Sanitary cup
- Scratch-free brush
- Hand protection
- Mop-design brush
- Anti-microbial agent cleaning
- Little cleaning agent lost
- Wire might rust
Below are some Buying Guide for Toilet Brushes and What to Look for
Together with the factors to consider above (at the beginning of the article), check at these things when buying a toilet brush:
- Style – Make sure the brush has an attractive design and well-placed, with an aesthetic appearance to suit the décor of the bathroom.
- Size – Ensure that the brush and its holder are compact and take little space. The holder’s base should also include an anti-slip lining to ensure it doesn’t tumble.
- Extra features – If the toilet brush includes some extras such as a toilet paper holder, a plunger, a movable drip tray, or a pair of tweezers.
- Price – In most of my reviews, I place price as the last factor to consider and you know why. A good brush costs around $25 to $30 and you can find them in a number of reputable brands above.
How to Brush Toilet
It might sound funny, but this is the part where your children can learn the most important part of a toilet: cleaning it. You may also have missed some steps that would leave your toilet sparkling clean. You use a toilet brush to clean the inside of your toilet (bowl), and you can use it together with the toilet cleaner.
So, how do you brush a toilet?
- Pour the recommended amount (written on the container) of toilet cleaner in a bowl (one that suits your needs).
- Leave it for at least 2 minutes so it can remove the germs.
- Use the toilet brush to thoroughly scrub the bowl’s interior. Clean under the toilet seat’s rim, down in the main hole, and around the bowl’s edges, especially the stained areas.
- Flush the toilet with the brush inside to rinse it and the toilet together.
- Air-dry the toilet brush and return it to its storage container. Make sure it’s unreachable for kids and pets.
Brush and Toilet Bowl
Nothing becomes easily stained in a toilet than the bowl. After all, it’s where all the dirt is concentrated! A stinking toilet in the house is also an embarrassing and unhygienic for everyone!
Proper toilet bowl cleaning requires a sturdy but scratch-free brush, with strong bristles for effective cleaning. You should also check its effectiveness in cleaning under the rim where bacteria, mildew, and mold build-up.
How to Choose a Brush for Toilet Cleaning
There are seven types of brushes you will find on the market, including silicone, brush and plunger combo, scrub brush, mop style, natural, disposable, and electric. The most popular type of brush type is the one made from silicone. It is available in either angled or symmetrical rounded shape designs.
Here are the features to consider:
- Toilet-brush head shape – The best brush design should be the one with a curved head as it allows the brush to easily fit into the places that are hard to reach. So, look for the places that your toilet is dirtiest.
- Durability – Check the brush toughness by pressing the bristles into the bowl and see if they twist. If you prefer a disposable brush, look at how easy it is to change the one-use pad.
- Handle length and material – It might seem unlikely but the handle of your brush differentiates between a decent and awful brush. Make sure the handle is rigid enough to let you scrub, but flexible as well.
- Storage – While this shouldn’t be the focus of a bathroom, make sure you choose a brush with easy storage. While doing this, consider the brush maintenance and odor after rinsing and see the time it takes to dry and its freshness.
- Type of Bristles – Nylon is the most common material for brush bristles and the best for scrubbing. Bristles setting also affects how long the brush takes to dry.
You might overlook the importance of a toilet brush, but I’m sure it is now crystal clear why your intuition was wrong. While you don’t need a pro to advise you on the right brush for your toilet, a shoddy and messy toilet brush in your bathroom is proof enough.
Our Editor’s Choice is Simplehuman Toilet Brush with Caddy. It is user-friendly, effective, compatible with any bathroom, durable, and budget-friendly. It also comes with a magnetic holder to keep your brush in place.
While technology has resulted in self-cleaning toilets, it wouldn’t hurt to clean it regularly anyway. In this article, we are going to cover some of the questions you are asking yourself right now. We bring you the best toilet brushes from a review of 50 brushes out there.
Alex Kiangi is a home improvement expert with experience dealing in toilet and cleaning gar such as dishwashers, toilets, toilet seats, among others. He is the editor here at Sleek Home HQ and with over 12 years of experience, he spends a lot of time sharing his insight on various blogs. He also runs a small home improvement consulting business that also does repairs in the Atlanta area. If you have any questions, you can reach Alex using his email, email@example.com